Buttercream Basics with Watercolouring Technique
Learn how to decorate a tiered cake with buttercream to achieve sharp, straight edges with watercolour effect and broken gold leaf. Perfect for beginners!Enquire
Learn how to decorate a tiered cake with buttercream to achieve sharp, straight edges with watercolour effect and broken gold leaf. Perfect for beginners!
With over 5 years experience, buttercream cake finishes are still as popular as ever with a trend towards sharp contempory edges and smooth finish.
Whether you’re making a cake for a party, wedding or just for fun, this buttercream technique provides the perfect canvas for you to work on.
You will learn all of the fundamentals from start to finish of decorating a 3 tier cake with a simple Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
Content of the Course:
- Preparing Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Filling and applying buttercream to a cake to achieve smooth,yet sharp edges.
- Working with gel and dust colours to create an ombre effect.
- Painting on buttercream to create a watercolour effect.
- Technique to create sharp corners.
- Using dowels properly to stack a 3 tiered cake.
- Using gold leaf.
- Work with fresh flowers and learn how to attach them to your cake.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is comfortable baking as this course only covers decorating with buttercream.
- Complete beginners who are looking into hobby decorating or want to start a career.
- Cake decorating career seekers who need to build up their buttercream skills.
- Bakery business owners looking to expand menus or help train staff.
- Whether you want to start cake decorating as a hobby or you hope to turn it into a career, this beginner course has all of the basics you need to build a solid foundation.
I hope to see you in the course!
Other Add Ons:
- You’ll be entered into a closed facebook membership support group that is exclusive to course attendees only. Here you’ll be able to ask questions and receive help within private cake community.
- You’ll receive my dessert island cake decorating tool – complementary.
- Lunch is provided.
- Tea/ Coffee and lots of cake!
- Demonstrate other buttercream techniques, such as trowelled , linear ridged/ribbed and scalloped effect.
- Notes will be provided on all technques, so you don’t have to take any.